Hi Nick here from the cast iron boys, I get asked all the time how to make a good damper. In this video, I show you how to make the perfect damper with just self-raising flour, salt and water. I’ll be cooking it in a camp oven on an Ozpig.
A good damper has a nice crusty top and is soft in the middle.
All you need to use is two cups of self-raising flour, a pinch of salt and some water to combine. You don’t need to use butter or beer or any other ingredients.
The method is simple, It’s just two cups of self-raising, a pinch of salt and some water.
The secret is not to knead the damper as it will push all of the air out of it, because you are only using self raising flour.
And cook in a cast iron camp oven
Camp Oven Damper Recipe
Perfect Damper Recipe
Nick shows you his camp oven damper recipe, it's just self-raising flour, salt and water, this is cooked in a camp oven on an Ozpig.
Keywords: Camp Oven Damper, Damper, Damper Recipe
Recipe Yield: 4 People
Preparation Time: PT0H5M
Cooking Time: PT0H30M
Total Time: PT0H30M
Recipe Video Name: How to make the Perfect Damper with Nick
Recipe Video Description: Hi Nick here, I get asked all the time how to make a Good Damper, in this video I show you how to make the perfect Damper with just Self Raising Flour, Salt and water. I'll be cooking it in a Camp Oven on an Ozpig.
- 2 Cups self raising flour
- 1 Pinch of salt
Make the Damper:
- Pour two cups of self-raising flour straight into the bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Get yourself a wooden spoon and all you have to do is make a well in the centre and slowly add the water whilst stirring.
- We don't give an exact amount of water or liquid as you only need just enough to combine the flour. Add water little by little until the mix comes together.
- Once it starts to come together, use your hands to gently form it into a round shape.
- Place in a camp oven and cook for 30 mins.