Camp Oven Christmas Damper Recipe
A big part of Christmas is family. It’s getting that time of year where we all gather round and celebrate the festive season together with our loved ones.
Another big part of Christmas is food and our easy Christmas Damper recipe is perfect for any celebration, whether you’re camping or at home, it’s easy to make and easy to eat.
Christmas Damper Recipe
Camp Oven Christmas Damper RecipeCourse: Recipe VideosCuisine: AustralianDifficulty: Easy
Easy damper recipe perfect for christmas.
2 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Sprinkle of salt
1/2 cup mixed fruit
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
1/4 cup chopped cherries
Milk, enough to combine
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients together using a wooden spoon.
- Gradually stir the milk in to form a moist dough.
- Cover a trivet in aluminium foil and place into your camp oven.
- Place dough on the trivet, and place camp oven lid on.
- Place Heat Beads® under and on top and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the damper is cooked.
- Serve straight away with lashings of butter and syrup.
Mick – Cast Iron Boys