Omg, I can’t believe I’ve never cooked these easy bush donuts before!!!
All you need to make these is 6 slices of bread (no crust), some jam of your flavour choice, oil for shallow fry and some batter (can make some or use shaker pancake mix).
I have seen them doing the rounds for ages and have never cooked them so I used the recipe from here – http://www.candm.com.au/
Easy Bush Donuts Recipe
- 1 egg.
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup milk.
- Bread with no crusts
All you have to do is make some jam sandwiches, you don’t need butter. Today we are using jam but feel free to add whatever filling you like such as Nutella or bananas.
- Cut off all of the crust off your bread slices.
- Mix the egg and sugar together then add flour and milk gradually to make the batter.
- Create some jam sandwiches.
- Dip the triangles into the batter and carefully place into hot oil.
- Cook until brown both sides, then drain on paper towel.
- Then coat in cinnamon sugar.
Enjoy whilst hot…yum!
You may have seen us use the Ozpig at a caravan show!